MTE Uniforms and Optional Spirit Shirts are available at https://tshirtpoboy.com/t/magnolia-trace
**School uniforms must be worn daily, Monday – Friday.**
- Plain tan cotton twill khaki long pants or capri
- Plain tan cotton twill khaki walking shorts (fingertip length)
- Plain tan cotton twill khaki jumper or dress
- Plain tan cotton twill khaki skort or skirt
- Navy polo type knit collared shirt, long or short sleeve with no logo or emblem
- White polo type knit collared shirt, long or short sleeve with no logo or emblem
- Navy or white turtleneck may be layered under shirt or sweatshirt
- MTE navy T-shirt or plain navy T-shirt
- MTE navy sweatshirt or plain navy sweatshirt or sweater
- MTE navy polo shirt • MTE white polo shirt
- MTE white spirit shirt with MTE emblem to be worn on Fridays.
- MTE navy dri fit shirt with MTE letters.
Outerwear (coats, sweatshirts and jackets) that does not comply with the uniform policy must be removed when children enter the classrooms. Only plain navy or MTE navy sweaters and sweatshirts may be worn inside the classrooms.
Uniforms may be purchased at any department store, chain store, uniform shop or catalog of your choice. Shirts with the school logo may be purchased in the school office if you so desire. (This is optional.)
Magnolia Trace Elementary’s official school uniform complies with the St. Tammany Parish School Board dress code.
We work and play hard at school, so expect your child’s clothes to get dirty. For safety reasons we ask the following:
- Wear athletic / tennis shoes.
- Open backed shoes, shoes with high heels, shoes with cleats, hard boots such as cowboy boots, or flip-flops are not allowed.
- Bandanas and hats should not be worn to school.
- Shorts are encouraged as long as they meet the length requirement of fingertip length when the child is standing upright.
- Umbrellas are dangerous at this age! Please opt for raincoats with hoods or rain hats instead.
- Elaborate jewelry that can be distracting in the classroom is not allowed.
- Please leave items such hats, combs, brushes, watches, sunglasses and purses at home to minimize classroom distractions.
- Please label your children’s clothing and items with their first and last names.